A personal best. I think I’m starting to like this PVP stuff.
Finally taking the Dwarves to Northrend.
I ran three toons through the event this year. I’ll get more of them through it next year. As far as spring celebrations go, this one is pretty tame.
I deleted this toon last year (2018) when I abandoned my Horde cohort on Terenas server. I deleted her even though she was once my main Horde toon. Death Knights are one of the easiest classes to level since they start at 55 and are generally level 58 when they get out into the regular map. I’ve recreated her on several servers over the years, but this one was the original. RIP Rasmuerta.
This was probably the day when one of my Twitter followers said “I’m going to stop following you if you don’t quit posting your achievements to Twitter.” It’s automatic. I like it. I’m sorry.
…Because I hadn’t bothered to do any PVP until this expansion pack for World of Warcraft. Wintergrasp is an excellent world PVP area. Of course, I can’t speak for endgame PVP before this expansion since I never have had a toon at max level in any expansion pack before Wrath of the Lich King. But, man, I am sure liking this.
Once the capital city of the Dark Iron dwarves, this volcanic labyrinth now serves as the seat of power for Ragnaros the Firelord. Ragnaros has uncovered the secret to creating life from stone and plans to build an army of unstoppable golems to aid him in conquering the whole of Blackrock Mountain. Obsessed with defeating Nefarian and his draconic minions, Ragnaros will go to any extreme to achieve final victory.Wowpedia
I bought that leather recliner, of course. Then I went home and tried it out.
For those who d0 not play the game, Blackrock Depths is the longest, largest instance in World of Warcraft. Blackrock Depths only rival on the size and difficulty scale is Sunken Temple[, which has been radically truncated in the current version of the game. Before the introduction of shortcuts into the instance, some areas within the map were 20 minutes travel away from the beginning of the instance, making wiping on the instance a disastrous consequence to be avoided at all costs].
The average time to complete the entire instance is 4–6 hours due to its complexity
- Rasmuerta – Level 80 Troll Deathknight (Mining, Blacksmithing) My ‘main’ on horde. She hates humans. A human, Arthas, made her what she is. I find it amusing that Trolls are my least favorite race; and yet, because I made a Troll DK, a Troll is my main horde toon. Strange how things work out.
- Creavishop – Level 61 Undead Warlock (Tailoring, Enchanting) I discovered that tailoring is essential for making containers in the game. I also discovered that Auction House prices can be ludicrously high for in demand items. So I tend to advance the toons that make these items. Undead is the only race for a Warlock, in the current game (My opinion) With the introduction of Worgen in Cataclysm, I’ll make an alliance Warlock that I can advance.
- Tharthurm – Level 54 Tauren Warrior (Mining, Skinning) Tharthurm will be bidding us farewell when Cataclysm is released. He was always supposed to be a Paladin. I can finally make one for the Tauren with that expansion of the game. I will be making a goblin warrior. A goblin engineer. Tauren, however, are my favorite horde race. I’ll have 4 of them when Cataclysm comes out.
- Uroga – Level 33 Orc Hunter (Mining, Engineering)
- Olaventa – Level 32 Orc Shaman (Herbalism, Inscription) Doongarind got a sex change. Wanted an Orc female to balance the roster. This toon will be advancing soon. Scribes are also essential.
- Rakudaga – Level 28 Tauren Druid (Herbalism, Alchemy) Also advancing shortly. Need those alchemy potions.
- Eugennah – Level 35 Undead Rogue (Skinning, Leatherworking) Will be handing Leatherworking to Uroga soon. Want to see what kind of soulbound dragonscale mail the hunter will be able to make and wear. Eugennah will be taking up mining. I have a hard time suspending disbelief when it comes to looking at the undead models. The elbow and knee joints don’t have any connective tissue, how are they supposed to move?
- Tanath – Level 32 Blood Elf Mage (Mining, Jewelcrafting) My poor lonely bloodelf. I deleted Kelyndrian because I was unimpressed with the blood elf storyline for Paladins, at least the way it starts. Also, I wanted to explore the new areas available with a Tauren Paladin. I’ve played a mage to 80 already. I’m wondering if I’ll do it again.
Alliance toons are on the Muraden server.
- Eieloris – Level 80 Night Elf Rogue (Skinning, Leatherworking) I have no main in alliance side. But this is without a doubt my favorite. Usually to be found in Wintergrasp these days. She loves PvP.
- Juverna – Level 74 Dwarf Hunter (Mining, Skinning) Just can’t seem to get a feel for the Hunter class. I like to play them, but mostly just to collect pets.
- Tarashal – Level 80 Night Elf Druid (Herbalism, Alchemy) Both my Druids are balance talented. Both will dual spec as healers. So far, Druid is my favorite healer class.
- Brenelbur – Level 80 Gnome Mage (Tailoring, Enchanting) Bren thought he was a Night Elf for a very long time. I was in a quandary when Cataclysm was announced to finally allow Night Elf Mages. Night Elves renounced arcane magic, how can they have mages? But Bren wants to be one! Bren is staying a Gnome though. Love the laugh.
- Garabaldi – Level 54 Gnome Warrior (Mining, Engineering) Named for my favorite character on Babylon 5. This toon plays with The Wife’s Alliance toon, when she’s on. He’s a gnomish engineer, of course.
- Rasputing – Level 64 Draenei Paladin (Mining, Blacksmithing) Armorsmith. Like the hunter, I just can’t seem to get a feel for Paladin. Still, they seem to be the best tanking class. My Draenei will be exploring the full range of quests in Outland, since that is their homeland.
- Raslinda – Level 54 Draenei Shaman (Mining, Jewelcrafting) Possibly my favorite toon to watch move. Also, potentially my next favorite healing class.
- Keslingra – Level 60 Dwarf Priest (Herbalism, Inscription) I wasn’t even going to do priests for a long time. But I decided to give the class a chance. Remarkably versatile.
- Rasmortis – Level 80 Human Deathknight (Mining, Blacksmithing) Weaponsmith. In my view Deathknights should be human in the same way the rogues are all female. Previous Blizzard games have set these facts in my mind, can’t help it.
The Daughter named our guild (same name, both servers) by mistyping ‘frost wyrm riders’. The rest of us liked the typo Frosty Wyrm Riders better. It means what you want it to mean. For me, it means our toons do a wee bit of drinking in game. Or maybe we’re just ‘staying frosty‘.
Anyway, the levels progress, and some of the toons are maxxed. The 80’s that aren’t PvP obsessed are gearing for Icecrown, which I hope to do before it becomes like all the other low level raids; bypassed.
lol. I had no idea that would tweet. Just thought it was funny, cat sleeping on the balcony. Either need to change that, or remember that everyone will see them. lol.
The servers are down, Blizzard is “maintaining”. What to do, what to do?
- Visit the guild portal (or your blog!) and mope.
- Walk dogs. Nope, 42 degrees and drizzle.
- Clean house for the first time in a month. Not dirty enough yet.
- See if you can find the floor in the laundry room. Did that last week.
- Identify the various molds in the refrigerator. Can’t identify most of them.
- See if you can remember how to access cable on your TV.
- Failing that, see if you can find a DVD that you haven’t seen.
- Find a book to read that doesn’t put you to sleep.
Failing to fall asleep, in pure desperation you might
- Balance the checkbook and pay the bills.
Luckily, I won’t have trouble sleeping.
In case anyone wants to find me on WoW, I’ll just put this here for reference sake. I’m on two World of Warcraft servers, at the moment. One for horde characters, one Alliance.
My Horde reside on Terenas.
- Tharthurm – Level 36 Tauren Warrior (Mining, Skinning)
- Uroga – Level 22 Orc Hunter (Mining, Engineering)
- Creavishop – Level 20 Undead Warlock (Tailoring, Enchanting)
- Doongarind – Level 11 Orc Shamen (Herbology,Skinning)
- Rakudaga – Level 10 Tauren Druid (Herbology, Alchemy)
- Eugenna – Level 10 Undead Rogue (Skinning, Leatherworking)
- Kelyndrian – Level 11 Blood Elf Paladin (Mining, Blacksmithing)
- Tanath – Level 8 Blood Elf Mage (Herbology, Jewelcrafting)
There is a spy on Terenas (created before I realized I couldn’t play all the characters I wanted to create on the same server) a Level 18 human Mage, Johanieren (Herbology, Alchemy) I don’t play him much.
Alliance toons are on Muraden.
- Eieloris – Level 40 Night Elf Rogue (Skinning, Leatherworking)
- Juverna – Level 36 Dwarf Hunter (Mining, Skinning)
- Tarashal – Level 27 Night Elf Druid (Herbology, Alchemy)
- Brenelbur – Level 22 Gnome Mage (Tailoring, Enchanting)
- Garabaldi – Level 22 Gnome Warrior (Mining, Engineering)
- Rasputing – Level 10 Draenei Paladin (Mining, Blacksmithing)
- Raslinda – Level 13 Draenei Shamen (Herbology, Skinning, ATM)
- Keslingra – Level 2 Dwarf Priest (She’s my banker, auctioneer, but she’s going to do inscription, I think)
Yes, I’m a bit of a freak when it comes to playing a game.